Friday 24 April 2020

Creative Writing

We have been working on creative writing this week and trying to add in amazing descriptive language so we can create an image in the readers mind. This weeks tasks were to describe a special place and a character description. 

My Special Place
PIIIIIIIISSSSSSSSSHHHHHHHHH!! The Pohutukawa Trees swaying against the wind causing a calming white noise, cancelling noises like cars and other people strolling around.
The hot summer breeze produces small droplets of sweat racing down my back causing it to tickle then soaking into my t-shirt causing it to glue to my back with a dark wet patch.

The hokey pokey golden sand crawling up between my toes every time I take a step into the sand.

Me Racing up and down the beach THUD THUD THUD! My feet land on the sand with a strong force and pace, the sand crunches, grinding all the little stone rock grains together then being compact like concrete making ground shock shiver up my shins into my knees with ultimate force.
The smell of the sticky sea salt crawling into my pores making me feel relaxed, calmed and softened in my muscles like my body has fallen asleep, so soothing.

I Taste the salty mouthful of water that makes me feel the urge to throw up that I copped, gulped and swallowed diving head first into beautiful blue waves.

I jump into a not very welcoming wave not so sure that it's boogie boardible.
The top lip of the wave soares right over my head as I ride the wave into shore in one quick moment. The wave drops its top lip right in front of me and eats me up like a giant blue smurf mouth, throwing me up the beach as the sand grates skin off my hip, elbows and knees.
Lying on the shore exhausted just where the wave rejected me and left me!

I spit the dehydrating salt water out my mouth as the salt water fries my grazes with a salty sting.
I wrap a towel around myself, reflecting on my good day ready to go home and chillax.
My special place is Kaiteriteri.

Arli

1 comment:

  1. Arli oh how much I would love to be at Kaiteriteri right now in the middle of Summer! You took me there by describing it so well. I knew it was going to be before I got the last line beacuse it was special place for me when I was your age too. My family always spent 2 weeks there and I remember getting so sunburnt (before the days of sunscreen) and running into the water which I always find unexpectably exhilarating. Those waves can also be vivious when the wind blows in a certain way too especially at Honeymoon Bay. The worse thing about swimming in the sea is the salty sting especially in my eyes!
    Anyway well done Arli- you have talent! Keep up the great work!

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comment.